Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  Does the Medical Society provide physician referral services?

A:  The Medical Society is not able to provide physician referral services.  Individuals seeking a physician should contact the area independent health systems, clinics or providers.  Referrals and information may also be obtained by calling 211. 

Q:  Is the Medical Society able to locate medical records from physician offices which have closed?

A:  Individuals seeking medical records from physician offices that have closed should contact the physician, health care practice or related health system for medical records. 

Q:  I have a concern regarding my physician, who should I contact?

A:  First, try to resolve any concern directly with the physician or physician’s office.  If you were unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, consumers may call the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services at (608) 266-2112 or (877) 617-1565.

Medical Society of Milwaukee County
P.O. Box 13114, Milwaukee, WI 53213
Phone: 920-560-5637

Site map | Contact